Thanks to our team members and the community, VIVA Supermarkets is pleased to report there have been no known positive COVID-19 cases within its stores.
As an essential business, VIVA Supermarkets has taken a number of steps in alignment with the directives given by the Governor, California Department of Public Health, and Sacramento County Department of Public Health in order to combat the spread of COVID-19. VIVA strictly follows the guidance of state authorities and healthcare professionals on how to best serve our residents and families to ensure their needs of the community are met during these extraordinary times of crisis.
VIVA Supermarkets has taken, and continues to take, proactive measures to protect the health of our valued customers and Team Members. In addition to the enhanced daily sanitation measures we’ve implemented, as well as the social and physical distancing practices in stores, VIVA has made the following operational changes:
· Provided social distancing guidance to our customers by placing markers on the floor to indicate where customers should stand while they wait in line to check out.
· Adjusted hours where necessary in order to give team members more time to restock shelves, sanitize our stores and rest in preparation for the next day.
· Installed clear plexiglass at all checkout lanes in order to provide a barrier between customers and our Team Members.
· Temporarily closed self-serve areas of the store, including our hot bars, salad bars and salsa bars.
· VIVA’s kitchen areas offer takeout only, and any seating areas have been closed to the public.
· Hand gloves and sanitizer are Mandatory and readily available to all Team Members.
· Implementing crowd control protocols for implementation during peak periods.
VIVA Supermarkets has remained open to continue supporting the community at-large, while continuously enhancing our protection and educational efforts to promote safe conditions for our staff and customers. We’re grateful to have the support of the community and will do our best to help flatten the COVID-19 curve.